These Little Doggies were a HIT with the kindergarten class!
These take a little longer than the "Pudding Men" but totally worth it!
I made both in about 2 hours and made 24 of each.
So the things you will need :
- Hot Glue Gun
- Glue Sticks
- Hersey Kisses ( you need 5 per dog)
- Felt ( for the ears) we cut them ourselves
- Pom-Poms for the nose( we just bought a cheap craft set from walmart that had pipe cleaners and pom-poms)
- Pipe Cleaners ( for the tail)
- Mini chocolate bars
- Googly Eyes
How To make:
1. Cut the paper wrapper off of the Hershey kisses. (this makes them look better and the glue will hold better)
2.Get the Smarty and chop one end of the wrapper off (not all the way but enough so that its flat)
3. Put some hot glue on the end of the wrapper and put the first kiss on for the head.
4. Next we will glue on the legs. So I put the hot glue on the wrapped Hershey kiss on the side and pressed it against the smartie, you will see when you go to glue them on. Repeat this for all 4 legs.
5. Next, I glued the ears on. I did this before the eyes because it was easier to place the eyes.
6. I put the googly eyes on.
7. Glue the pom-pom on the end of the head, Hershey kiss.
8. Next, I grabbed the pipe cleaners and cut them into smaller sections and curled them with my finger. I then glued the tail on top of the smartie.
9. Lastly I put glue above the tail and on the back of the smartie and put the mini candy bar on.
10. WALAAAA- you have a great treat that KIDS WILL LOVE!